Business Development Internship
At Greenlight Planet Inc (Mumbai, Delhi), Interns are expected to be professionally well-versed with basic ethics, which includes arriving on time (as specified by the company), notifying the team leader of any deviations from the established schedule, and dressing to the standards of the organization and the work being performed. Respect the organization’s reporting structure and follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
During the internship tenure, intern will be be working on following verticals (ingroup or individually)
1. Build a database of potential partners by researching about companies in relevant industries and geographies
2. Finding new prospects and making warm calls to introduce Greenlight Planet and Sun King products
3. Follow up with new prospects through call and e-mails to capture the progress status
4. Set up meetings with prospects for Business Development Managers in India or other Asia countries
5. Make skype, telephone calls to existing active prospects to maintain the engagement
6. Keep accurate and detailed records of calls made and results achieved in an excel spreadsheet
7. Use company script guidelines appropriately and follow detailed briefs to conduct calls and mailing
8. Conduct mass mailing to database for invitation to conferences, events & workshops and follow up with them to increase visibility
9. Coordinate internally to manage participation of Greenlight in several conferences
10. Continuously updating and managing the industry wide prospects database with provided indicators
11. Assist managers in facilitation of contract closures
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Flexible work hours, Informal dress code, 5 days a week, Free snacks & beverages.
Greenlight Planet is a for profit social business that develops and manufactures honest, reliable solar products designed to help people living off the electric grid. Greenlight Planet has delivered 4.2 million + life-changing solar lanterns and home systems to under-electrified consumers in 40+ countries. Our Sun King™ lights have been delivered through partnerships with 250+ large institutions and have enabled consumers to increase their productivity, savings and lead healthier lives. Greenlight Planet was founded by T. Patrick Walsh, a University of Illinois student who spent part of 2005 working with the charity Engineers Without Borders in rural India.