Seva fellowship provides the opportunity for students with 6 months or more of free time, before they start their career/pursue higher studies to render community service.This experience will develop their people skills,time management skills,planning and communication skills.
1. Volunteer must be ready to work during weekends and to travel within Bangalore.
2. Passionate and committed to the cause.
3. Strategic and Innovative.
4. Excellent Communicator.
1. Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
2. Organize the program.
3. Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
4. Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices.
5. Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
6. Write reports on the program for management and for funders.
Youth for Seva (YFS) started in April 2007 as a platform to provide opportunities for youth who wanted to take active part in community development despite time constraints. Through this platform, YFS aims to empower youth to become positive change makers who will enable organizations and institutions to work without a vested interest.
The goal of YFS is to support schools, NGOs, government hospitals and other organizations in the social sector through volunteers who can help them mitigate some of their shortcomings and challenges. Volunteering is made easy and customized to the individual’s interests and time constraints.