The candidate should have the following requirements:-
1. Ability to conceptualize and design from scratch.
2. Ability to come up with illustrations.
3. Ability to think out of the box and suggest new ways of implementing ideas in a better manner.
The candidate should fulfil the following job responsibilities:-
1. Should not keep themselves restricted to the brief given.
2. Should be able to brainstorm and come up with innovative ideas to bring the project to reality.
3. Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design for approval.
Paaduks, are handcrafted footwear whose soles are made from used automobile tyres. While Paaduks, is an attempt at making eco-friendly footwear, there is more. While working on this initiative we realized the hardships our mochis (chappal makers) face. Residing in the slums of Thakkar Bappa Colony (located between the suburbs of Chembur and Kurla in Mumbai), and the Mochi Gali of Govandi, life is daily struggle for most of them.
Hence as a team we took a conscious decision to use profits from the sale of Paaduks for improving the living conditions of our mochis and provide them with access to better healthcare and education for their children.