The candidate should have the following requirements:-
1. To give name, description, keywords to our products and manage the catalog of products on all e-commerce websites.
2. Make sure every product has been uploaded on all e-commerce websites as per our set guidelines.
The primary responsibilities of the candidate are:
1. To take ownership of the Catalogue plan and be responsible for developing the long term and short term Catalogue Strategies.
2. To provide proactive, efficient and reliable project management of catalogues, from initial point of enquiry through to completion of project.
3. Develop short/medium/long term communication plans and contact strategies.
4. To maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor companies, competitor activity and current market prices.
August 12, 2011 was the day when my roommate asked me where to buy Megan Fox poster and the Idea to sell posters online stuck our mind. After googling "Buy posters online India" for almost two hours when we couldn't find any site delivering posters India, we planned to launch one ourselves. We both were in our final year of IITK and had no clue how this thing will shape up. We hardly knew anything about the business. After selling more than 1000 posters in next 10 days we decided to chuck placements and build a business around it. We met few people and they asked us obvious questions that how will you scale up this business ? How will you reach to 10,000 orders a day and we both were sitting there clueless. We both were just sure that we will make a great business out of it.
We launched bluegape as a customization platform. Where people can upload their own images and we convert them as a poster and deliver it to your doorsteps. Everything was going pretty well. Times group gave us a cheque of 10 Lakhs as seed funding to scale up the business while we were still in college. We used that money to launch more customized products like T-Shirts, Mugs, Laptop Skins, Cushion Covers and more. We reached to 50+ transactions a day and things were going all well. But we were still clueless on how to scale the business 100 or 1000 times from here.