Teacher- SST (6&7)
1. The teachers are leaders of their classrooms as they work within teams to ensure that they are maximizing everyone’s potential.
2. They collaborate with other teachers to plan effectively and examine data to ensure they are setting smart goals, manage a group of volunteers to give support t o each child, guide helpers to ensure efficient support, interact with the social worker to address any concerns at home affecting them, communicate with the parents to include them in the learning process and work with the administrative team to ensure they are always moving towards the common goal.
The responsibilities of a teacher in an Akanksha school includes the following:
1. Curriculum Implementation & Planning
- To teach the Akanksha curriculum through effective pedagogical practices.
- To design and execute lesson plans that will engage students.
- To use data to drive and differentiate instruction.
- To design assessments that thoughtfully evaluate student progress.
- To clearly communicate learning goals and objectives t o students during every lesson.
- To vary teaching strategies and styles to meet different learning needs.
2. Building classroom and school culture
- To provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- To establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, community and school team
- To develop and maintain a comfortable and orderly classroom atmosphere that promotes learning and encourage questions and problem solving.
- To clearly articulate high expectations for students.
- To create and maintain an aesthetically positive environment.
3. Professional Development
- Attend all pre-training sessions before the start of the academic year.
- To actively participate in network opportunities for professional development.
- To at tend and participate in all school t raining and meetings.
- To meet professional obligations through efficient work habits.
- To actively participate in all extra-curricular and celebratory activities in the school.
The Akanksha Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide children from low-income communities with a high-quality education, enabling them to maximize their potential and transform their lives.
Akanksha works primarily in the field of education, addressing formal education by initiating school reform through The School Project as well as non-formal education through the Akanksha centers. Currently, Akanksha reaches out to the 5000 children through its 16 schools and 8 centers in Mumbai and Pune.