APJC (India) Software Engineer Intern
Participate in feature design discussions and contribute innovative ideas and solutions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, technical support and documentation group on related tasks.
1. Solid understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, plus working knowledge of related disciplines, e.g., computer security, algorithms, database, and operating systems.
2. Contribute to small subsystem architecture design and write functional specs.
3. Write and/or provide input portions of design specs.
4. Independently develop software code per design specification.
5. Write major portions of unit, integration, and regression test plan.
6. Debug problems of moderate scope at the subsystem level.
7. Perform complex subsystem level unit, integration, and dev tests.
8. Identify and resolve problems found during internal verification testing at customer sites.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. An integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success. Chuck Robbins is the Chief Executive Officer of the $49 billion company.
Cisco commenced India operations in 1995. There are seven Sales Offices in the region - New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata and Hyderabad. The Cisco Global Development Center is in Bangalore and is the largest outside the US. It houses Cisco's Research and Development (R&D), IT, Services and customer support teams and develops disruptive business models for Cisco to create new go-to-market channels, markets, processes and technologies for emerging markets. The Advanced Global Briefing Center located here showcases Cisco's latest technology solutions and proof-of-concepts.
Cisco India quick facts:
1. Cisco's go-to-Market strategy is through partners (2500+).
2. Extensive support system for customers with 23 logistics centers.
3. Currently, there are 176 Active Cisco Networking Academies across India with 24,138 active students.