Manufacturing Engineer Purchase
As a Manufacturing Engineer Purchase you will be a key part of our team in Bengaluru. You will use methods described in corporate process landscapes to programme manage, validate and/or execute tasks. Ensure manufacturing processes are safe and capable of achieving and sustaining the design intent, required production rate, cost and quality and are delivered on time to the business. Also ensure delivery of Manufacturing Engineering activities in support of a business.
Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services, for use on land, at sea and in the air. We're proud to have a strong presence and an 80-year heritage in India, and are excited about our growing future in Bengaluru. Through innovative solutions and diverse, globally renowned products, we've been focused on the growth of the aerospace sector in India. Powering more than 50% of the Wide Body Aircraft to and from India, we are poised to become an engineering hub in the region and are committed to growing our local footprint for high-end technology.
We're looking for talented professionals for our expanding footprint in Bengaluru. We're committed to creating exciting career opportunities and you'll have a real sense of pride in working on innovative projects and delivering excellence for our customers across the world.
1. Develop, implement, validate, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time.
2. Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package which clearly define the manufacturing process and control them effectively.
3. Capture, analyse and use data to demonstrate and improve the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
4. Work with interfacing teams, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required.
5. Resolve technical problems and exercise professional judgement.
6. Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements.
7. Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data in support of manufacturing processes.
8. Identify, document and share best practice; capture and utilise lessons learned.
9. Plan and manage activities, communicating current status to relevant stakeholders.
10. Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all legal requirements and customer requirements.
11. Ensure export control and intellectual property requirements are satisfied.
Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions to the aerospace and marine/industrial power systems markets. Our vision is to deliver ‘better power for a changing world’. We create power. Our core business is the gas turbine and this is used to power aircraft, ships and electrical generators. Rolls-Royce is probably best known for making engines for the world’s biggest airliners and advanced military aircraft. However, we also produce low-emission power systems for ships - some of which we design ourselves - make critical equipment and safety systems for the nuclear industry and, power offshore platforms and major pipelines for the oil and gas industry. We support our customers with a global network of service centres.