Business Development Intern
The selected intern(s) will work on following during the internship:
1. Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
2. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
3. Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
4. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
5. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
6. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
7. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
8. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The Garage is both a place and an idea. It’s a place for tinkerers and inventors to hammer away on passion projects, and an idea that a garage-sized passion project can shape a new world of possibilities.
Makers are the people who reshape the world in day, and that’s totally awesome, but you have to know that people like that don’t stop thinking at the end of the day, those are the people who breath technology. For some, it’s a place to pursue things they love to do in their spare time. For others, those who’ve got a great idea but maybe don’t know how to pursue it or aren’t as technical or aren’t great presenters, it gives them a place to find collaborators who have those skills. It is many things to many people. In short The Garage is a geeky eHarmony.
The Garage is a sanctuary for both business-related brilliance and head-in-the-clouds tinkering – it’s not hard to imagine very different people, working side-by-side, or even collaborating on their respective projects. The Garage provided a perfect medium to interact with like-minded people and learn from them.