Business Development Intern
Athena Infonomics is seeking an intern to support the Business Development Team based out of Chennai. The internship will be for duration of six months and the responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the Business Development team and can include any of the following:
1. Identifying new business opportunities using public and commercial databases and related resources, distributing relevant opportunities to appropriate Division staff for review and consideration, and tracking progress through RFP release for those of potential interest.
2. Assist in maintaining the opportunity pipeline used to track bids being considered and pursued—from initial identification through to award.
3. Conducting research on potential clients, opportunities, partners, and/or competitors to support business development as well as strategic planning for the company and/or divisions.
4. Conduct proposal and project recruitment tasks including formatting, writing, and editing CVs and drafting bio sketches for personnel.
5. Work with the business development manager to improve the EOI and RFP response templates.
6. Coordinates with business development team and other departments as needed.
7. Provides additional support to the business development team/ Director as needed.
Athena's work cuts across the policy research value chain and is driven by three simple questions. How can we collect (reliable) data more efficiently? How can we analyse it more creatively? How can we make our interventions / solutions more user-friendly? We use our understanding of data science approaches, our ability to leverage technology and our exposure to sector-linked implementation challenges to evolve better ways of answering these questions and to expand the frontiers of how ‘decisions are made’ and ‘impact is achieved.