Bombay Connect starts to scale the organization and hence we’re now looking for a first rate Accounts Associate to implement and manage effective financial systems for Bombay Connect with high standards of accountability, transparency and precision. You main roles will be:
• Manage the finance department functions effectively and smoothly
• Deposit all cash /cheques/drafts in the bank on a day-to-day basis or as and when required
• Financial audit is carried out as per need in a timely fashion
1. Maintain and Monitor day to day Cash expenses, Bank balance, Cash advances, all financial and accounting documents and records
2. Preparing bank reconciliations reports and sending the cheques and documents by courier/post
3. Raising invoices and receipts timely for all financial transactions for Bombay Connect
4. Deduction of TDS on the payments made to Staff and vendors and quarterly
5. Depositing the TDS to Govt. department through Auditor and quarterly TDS returns
6. Process payments to staff members, consultants, temporary employees, other claimants and external contracts.
7. Check all receipts and payments are in accordance with financial rules and regulations and according to the contracts signed;
8. Ensure that financial and accounting documents / records are maintained and filed in an orderly, transparent and efficient manner
9. Be responsible for safe custody of petty cash, cheques and all financial and accounting documents and records in accordance with established procedures.
10. Responsible for monitoring of cheque books and receipt books and their record keeping.
11. Manage contracts and funds agreements.
12. Ensure that budgets, forecasts and financial reports are prepared and submitted on time.
13. Produce annual budgets for Bombay Connect and budget for Donors, forecasts and expenditure statements on a monthly/quarterly basis or as required.
14. Ensure financial audit is conducted as per legal requirements and as per donor specifications.
15. Ensure all statutory compliances and maintain a compliance calendar with I.T., ROC and Home ministry
Perks based on experience in the field.
Bombay Connect focuses on creating entrepreneurial peer communities that are diverse and nurture bold ideas. Our aim is to create an ecosystem where all entrepreneurs have the required resources, support and environment to help grow their organizations and become sustainable.
We do this by providing the following services to entrepreneurs:
1. A creative co working space that is affordable, flexible and blends the best of an office, a café and a home.
2. A vibrant community of diverse and inspiring peers
3. Personalized connections that facilitate access to money, talent, skills and infrastructure
4. Strategic exposure within media and wider networks